Jump to content


Established Member
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4 Neutral

About PunkRockerLuke

  • Rank
    Established Member
  • Birthday 07/01/1992

Profile Information

  • Interests
    Finishing up a Strat I began in 09
  1. After starting an interest in the hobby during my edgier, child years and a few failed attempts, I finally finished a build I started in high school Body: 1/4 spalted maple I got free from a user on here and locally-sourced Alder. Neck: Squier w/ logos removed. Hardtail top-loading bridge from GuitarFetish Electronics: PAF clones from a GFS pre-wired pickguard I was smart and swapped for black metal rings; Gibson style selector switch; 16mm Alpha 500K pots w/ black Tele-style knobs from Vintage Forge; Switchcraft jack w/ knurled nut from a lamp switch. Finish: Minwax
  2. Well it seems I have horrible timing to get back to work on this as I leave for college at Iowa state next week. I'm going to try and mark out the neck cavity and drill it out. Since I never really had a good enough template to begin with I have no obvious centerline to refer to besides the join of my topwood,which is in "the middle", this will be tricky. I'm going to have a friend help me eyeball it to where "it looks right", then stare at it for an hour and re-mark it if I have to. Hell I may not even try to work on it at all. Since I'll be off to college. I'll have to manage my money
  3. is that not the biggest contradiction ever? I just didn't let it dry long enough and used too little glue. I used a lot of glue the second time around Better now?
  4. It was clamped. I just didn't let it dry long enough and used too little glue. I used a lot of glue (cleaed up excess of course) and used quick-clamps and bar clamps. I switched out leather for a piece of a business card (it was mentioned in a guitar maitenece book written buy a guy who used to write for guitar player or some guitar mag) I also believe my tuner is dying on me so that is part of the issue.
  5. The neck block seperation problem is fixed. However the action is muffed up so I've shimmed it with a thin piece of leather and I hope it works. Oh and a friend gave me a no-name flamenco-esque classical for nothing today.
  6. It was broken , then I fixed it ( or so I had thought), and once I had begun to string it again the main part I had fixed was broken again. I had purchased the guitar from a member of my church for only a whole whopping $1 as he had boughten a better nicer guitar. The neck block for the bolt on neck had seperated from the front part of the side panels and the soundboard, and a piece of the soundboard containing part of the rosette was missing. I glued and clamped the block to front of the side panel and i used a weight plate on top in lue of an extra clamp. I also removed the ugly plastic
  7. as a college thing and green/recycling ting I am making my own external HDD. so does anyone have an old/dead laptop harddrive preferably a SATA drive. thanks either way.
  8. Very nice, elegant too with the wood..
  9. Now now chiluns play nice this one sounds actually pretty cool "http://guitarz.blogspot.com/2010/04/steel-bodied-thinline-teletubby-guitar.html"http://guitarz.blogspot.com/2010/04/steel-...bby-guitar.html edit: an XLR jack? in an LP? http://guitarz.blogspot.com/2009/12/gibson...sonal-1970.html chicago typewriter guitar? http://guitarz.blogspot.com/2010/03/johnso...-tommy-gun.html
  10. They sell standoffs at radioshack. They might be a bit much for inside a guitar but go with what you want.
  11. Here is the body planed: and here is it with the figure maple top glued on and cut out: sorry for the schlecht quality.
  12. These ones are weird, but I'd like to get em. http://guitarz.blogspot.com/2009/05/burns-flyte-bass.html http://cheesyguitars.com/ussr_doubleneck.html http://cheesyguitars.com/tonika_bass.html http://www.cheesyguitars.com/roberto_unidentified.html http://guitarz.blogspot.com/2009/10/soviet...mpartments.html One of these is hanging in our local applebees http://www.cheesyguitars.com/terminator.html How many knobs can you fit? http://www.cheesyguitars.com/stella.html Gun Crazy????? http://strangepictures.net/2008/08/11/weir...lectric-guitar/ This one is a serious ***H??
  13. I am finally getting the old pics back up and putting some new pics up. I'll have the ones of the cut out body and with the top glued attatched later today. Progress. the body had been cut out around may last year. then this build kinda took a back burneron the list of priorities. Then I recently had the shop teacher plan the badly cupped body level, then I discovered that one of the halves of my maple top was cupped as well. I set 4 paving stones atop it and wetted it down. Two days later it was still slightly cupped but not so bad that I couldn't glue down the top. Once the glue had dried I
  14. Well I have no Idea on the control but I was thinking about it and I have the scrapwood to test the neck and jack ones but I have still no clue on the control unless anyone can come up with something I'll just punt.
  • Create New...