2 Questions

Question 1. can someone name me a site where I can get a 1/4 sawn maple blank?

question 2. I'm building a chambered guitar with a violin style tail piece and a free floating bridge, my question is about bracing I know about the x style bracing but I've seen some people use a parallel bracing right under the pickups and bridge any suggestions on what would suit me better thanks.

What size quartersawn Maple blank are you looking for?(neck, body....). Also are you looking for Eastern hard Maple or Western big leaf, and are you looking for any special figure to the wood?

Might want to add some more details about the guitar. Chambered is not really enough info. Carved top? Flat or mild radius? How thick will the plates be. Anything you can tell us about the design of the plates would be helpful. Also may want to desribe the bridge system a little. (free floating w/ violin style tail piece?).

Peace,Rich

What size quartersawn Maple blank are you looking for?(neck, body....). Also are you looking for Eastern hard Maple or Western big leaf, and are you looking for any special figure to the wood?

Might want to add some more details about the guitar. Chambered is not really enough info. Carved top? Flat or mild radius? How thick will the plates be. Anything you can tell us about the design of the plates would be helpful. Also may want to desribe the bridge system a little. (free floating w/ violin style tail piece?).

Peace,Rich

It's a neck blank, eastern hard maple no special figure to the wood. The guitar is going to be chambered 25.5 in scale the body design will resemble a scaled down ES335 about 13in at its widest spot gonna go with a flat top with 1/4 inch maple plates. The bridge I'm gonna make myself I'm gonna use the specs on stewmacs site the archtop bridge with the wood sadle. Im gonna alter it a little to i'm gonna use a bone saddle and the tail piece i'm also gonna carve out myself from a ebony blank I got off stew macs.

Peace,Rich

It's a neck blank, eastern hard maple no special figure to the wood. The guitar is going to be chambered 25.5 in scale the body design will resemble a scaled down ES335 about 13in at its widest spot gonna go with a flat top with 1/4 inch maple plates. The bridge I'm gonna make myself I'm gonna use the specs on stewmacs site the archtop bridge with the wood sadle. Im gonna alter it a little to i'm gonna use a bone saddle and the tail piece i'm also gonna carve out myself from a ebony blank I got off stew macs.

Sounds like a fun little project. Here are a few places.

Gilmer

NW Timber

Westpenn HW

Of course. Stewmac, LMI, Allied luthiery.

If you can find a local wood working store or hardwood dealer. Hard Maple is really common and cheap. You would save shipping costs locally.

If you are looking for a thick blank(no scarf) that may prove a bit tricky. You will do well to stick to lumber dealers for that.

Good Luck,

Rich