1962 Fender Precision Bass

boundsteelblues

I'll tell ya but then I'll have to kill ya! :D

First off, are you ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE its a '62? Here is some good info on the P-bass. You're asking about some serious coin here. You can verify the ser. no. at that site as well. I can give you a value range if I know what paint is on the bass. A custom color is worth more than a standard color. The standard color for the '62 was sunburst. Custom colors offered by Fender can be common, rare and very rare and pricing gets a little variable depending on condition of the guitar and paint. Prices in my book are based on factory original custom colors with slight or no fade in and range between low to high excellent physical condition.

Common Color: Black, Blond, Olympic White, Lake Placid Blue, Dakota Red, Daphne Blue, Fiesta red

Rare Color: Shoreline Gold, Inca Silver, Burgundy Mist, Sherwood Green, Sonic Blue, Foam Green

Very Rare Color: Surf Green, Shell Pink

The colors from that era are actual Dupont colors codes used on automobiles from the 50's and 60's.

PICS

Edited by Southpa

Its still a good chunk of change if the guitar is in good shape. A 1966 Fiesta Red (common color) Fender Precision Bass would be worth $7,500 to $10,000, thats low to high excellent condition. The source is from The Official Vintage Guitar Price Guide 2008 by Alan Greenwood and Gil Hembres.