Humbucker Spacing

Hey guys, got a quick question:

I am currently working on a "from scratch" guitar that is melding the Strat, Lp, and Alembic styles, however I have researched and recieved conflicting information about how to calculate the positioning of two humbuckers over the course of a 25.5" scale. I don't want to just copy the pickup layout of the Lp, given the new parameters of scale length. Any info anyone could provide would be greatly appriciated.

TIA

N8rofwyo(Nate Robinson) :D

ratio the two. take the dimensions from the LP scale and calculate them to the strat scale.

or just eyeball it.

or a double-fat-strat pickgaurd might be just the answer to your query, as the spacing would be right there, measurable if you don't want to use the pickgaurd.

Not a bad idea, stratdude.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Lp I can pull measurements from. The scale length portion of ratio conversion is simplicity itself, but I need a benchmark for Lp pickup distance from the nut. I own a cheap Strat knockoff that allows for reasonable measurement from nut, but don't have available access to a Lp, so I don't really know were to begin the ratio.

thanks for base idea though!

Nate

:D

Oh, sorry to double post, but I won't be using a pickguard on this project, so I don't have a template(pickguard) to access. Also, by "eyeballing" it, how much pickup response do I realistically stand to lose? (the last comment being based on how accurate the standard humbucker placement is to the best tonal response from the pickup)