Rookie Finishing Question

Howdy all. I have a basic rookie question. I just received a VW from Warmoth and I have read Re-Ranch and several tutorials on here (and I must say the work I have seen here is amazing) and was a bit confused, especially after talking to Warmoth. I have read that I need to do grain filler and sand and sealer, but Warmoth says this is unecessary. The last thing I want to do is screw this thing up. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Here is a picture of the guitar in question: (let me know if there are any problems)

VW.jpg

Edited by Gus Chiggins

You need grain filler on most every guitar, unless you don't plan on finishing it or it was already filled by Warmoth. E-mail Warmoth and ask them what they do to the bodies before they ship and go from there.

Thanks everyone for your replies. The front is quilted maple (obviously) and the back is basswood. I remember when I placed the order from Warmoth I asked them about it and they said it should be good to go right out of the box. But I have read many tutorials on it and it seems everyone has mentioned grain filler and/or sand and sealer. I'm just paranoid about screwing this up. I guess I'll just give it a shot and we'll see what happens. Thanks again for the replies.