How Do I Get Schaller Tuners ?

Hi There, i am new here and have just been upgrading my old strat. I've bought a mighty mite neck and some schaller tuners. I notice the tuners have got 2 little pegs on them to stop the tuners from moving.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the proper way to go about fitting them, or is it a case of lining them up best i can. Wanted to be sure before I go mad with the drill.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Kris

oops, title should read Fit not Get.

Edited by goldtoples
Hi There, i am new here and have just been upgrading my old strat.  I've bought a mighty mite neck and some schaller tuners.  I notice the tuners have got 2 little pegs on them to stop the tuners from moving.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the proper way to go about fitting them, or is it a case of lining them up best i can.  Wanted to be sure before I go mad with the drill.

Appreciate any help you can offer.

Kris

oops, title should read Fit not Get.

This should probably be in one of the discussion sections, not the announcement section. That said, if I were you, I'd make a template out of thin plywood (3/8 or 1/4) to guide your drill - having one of your fancy new tuners skewed off at an angle would look pretty silly :D.

If they have threaded bushings that screw in from the face of the headstock (like Fender tuners), you can screw them in finger-tight then tweek the positions of the tuners so that they are all straight (put all the keys parallel to the headstock to help with this). Finger-tighten the bushings tight enough so they won't slip. Then tighten each bushing a little more (making sure they don't turn on you) just enough so that the pins make a small indentation in the back of the headstock.

Take the tuners off and drill away. This is a bit easier to do with Fender tuners, as the backs are rectangular and you can put a straightedge on the bottom to line 'em up.

If they have threaded bushings that screw in from the face of the headstock (like Fender tuners), you can screw them in finger-tight then tweek the positions of the tuners so that they are all straight (put all the keys parallel to the headstock to help with this).  Finger-tighten the bushings tight enough so they won't slip.  Then tighten each bushing a little more (making sure they don't turn on you) just enough so that the pins make a small indentation in the back of the headstock.

Take the tuners off and drill away.  This is a bit easier to do with Fender tuners, as the backs are rectangular and you can put a straightedge on the bottom to line 'em up.

ALso, if you use a drill bit that's just a tad bigger than the posts it will give you some wiggle room.