Glueing Stuff On Guitar.

I found these two pieces of nicely shaped sheet metal that I'd like to put on my guitar. The pieces have some sweet screw holes in them but I don't want to harm the body. So I though of glueing them down. But I'm afraid some glue types would ruin the clear coat. (Don't wanna use Super Attak, eh? :D) I have a choice between an extra-strong wood glue (PVA) and rubber cement. wich one of those would hold on tight enough and wouldn't harm the paint job?

I don't want it falling off in the middle of a gig also.

Any other choice of securely fixing it to the body without any nasty holes that would left behind if I decide to take it off afterwards?

-----------

Jimbo

i think any glue would wreck the finish. what kind of guitar is it. if it's like a strat style you could screw it where the pickguard goes so when you take it off and puth the stock pickguard back on you couldn't see the screw holes

The double sided sticky tape I use for holding wood while I work often tears out wood fibers. Its a helluvalot stronger than you think, and to be honest I would be more worried about getting the tape residue off the guitar than I would be about it falling off.

And why not just try the sticky tape and see how it works, if it doesnt work try sommat else.

chris

Get some brass (that is brass, right?) screws and epoxy them in the holes. Then cut/grind the excess threads off the back and use the double stick tape thing. It'll look screwed in but be totally removeable.

that's what i was gonna suggest. but i suppose it's not necissary if you're not looking for the screwed down look.

Yes, but that's definitely non-reversable. I don't know how i missed that picture, but I just saw it. I was picturing an industrial looking piece of sheet metal that would cover the whole top of the instrument. If you're planning on keeping it on forever, I think screws would make it look really good. Will they lay flush to the guitar all the way around? I can't tell how radical the carve is from the pic. Doublestick tape is the best temporary option. I'm sure you can clean up the residue with some naptha. I've gotten some NASTY stuff off of pawn shop guitars before, so I'm sure you'll have no problem with something like that.