Best Instruction For Building A Set Neck

jwj

Hi,

I have not posted before, but appreciate everyone's post as I have learned alot from stopping by every few day to read :D all the wisdom from forum memebers.\

I am getting ready to move from bolt on necks and wanted to try a set neck or even a neck-thru. :D

can anyone suggest the best resource (book...etc...) for step by step instructions on building the neck? with the angled back headstock, truss rod, shaping the neck and the radius of the fretboard.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but I would at least like to start moving in that direction.

thanks.

Hi,

I have not posted before, but appreciate everyone's post as I have learned alot from stopping by every few day to read :D  all the wisdom from forum memebers.\

I am getting ready to move from bolt on necks and wanted to try a set neck or even a neck-thru.  :D

can anyone suggest the best resource (book...etc...) for step by step instructions on building the neck?  with the angled back headstock, truss rod, shaping the neck and the radius of the fretboard.

I may be getting ahead of myself, but I would at least like to start moving in that direction.

thanks.

Melvyn Hiscock's 'Make Your Own Electric Guitar', and various pictorials/discussions on various forums all over teh interweb should get you what you're looking for. The book's a very good basic text, and covers the basics of set necks and neck throughs (neck throughs are, I find a touch easier than set necks if you're not comfortable with your mortise/tenon making skills). I say go for it! My first scratch-build was a set neck, and the next 6 were either set neck or neck through.