My First Semi-hollow Body

unclej

thanks again everyone for the kind words..started my new project today. i was cleaning up my shop the other day and found some bookmatched walnut top pieces with fabulous grain pattern. i bought them a couple of years ago and set them under a work bench to cure and completely forgot about 'em. think i'll cap a piece of spalted maple that i've been saving. i put them together today and they looked great.

because the figure on the walnut is so perfectly matched i think i'll do a simple design. can't think of his name right now, might have been seth something, but the lead player for anthrax had a signature modle with short, equal sized horns. something like that.

very nice, the F-hole is awesome,  im working with zebra wood now and found out the hard way that it can be a pain to rout....

yes it is..i found that if you take small bites it doesn't tear out as badly. for instance when i did the round over on the edge, even though it's a small radius, i set the bit to about half the final depth, made a pass all around and then set it to final depth and made another pass. as you probably already figured out it's worse at the end of the grain so you have to be extra careful there.

good luck.