Questions From A Noob

alrighty i've never scratch built a guitar before obviously, but i have built from parts..... which actually turned out rather well. I have a rough template laid out for a jackson King-V style guitar, and i plan to start buying supplies when income tax returns come in. It will be 25.5 inch scale, 24 frets, reversed headstock if i decide to build my neck, white front w/black tiger stripes, black sides, white back w/ black cavity covers, a kahler traditional trem w/behind-the-nut lock, jumbo frets on an ebony board w/no front inlays. it will have side dots and be on a bare maple bolt-on neck. I plan to use 2 EMG select pickups for now but i will eventually upgrade to an EMG 81 set. Truss rod will be adjusted at the nut. I am stuck between alder and ash as body woods. can anyone point out the sound and weight differences to me by chance?

Thanks for anyone's help on that question and all opinions and suggestions are welcome.