Imagine Movable Nut Saddles

My ear is DEFINITELY capable of hearing the typical "out of tune-ness" of typical nuts and typical setups. Compensation isn't about perfection but rather about improvement. There's no way the guitar, due to its physics, can EVER be "perfectly" intonated (and indeed, even a Piano which CAN be, is tempered to make it pleasing to the ear), but that's a different issue. Some people are obsessed, but others simply want to make an improvement to their guitars that's easily and instantly audible to a great many people.

Greg

I myself am exceptionally offended by the sharpness of the major 3rd in the open A and E chords.

www.fretwave.com have remidied this with two bent frets. This has totally fixed the problem. All other chords in the open position are fairly good on the ear, it WAS the E and A chords that caused all the trouble. Now with fretwave you can tune up and play in any key without the typical retune/compromise. It doesn't need to be perfect as long as it doesn't offend the ear.

Edited by Deadwood jack