Gibson Marauder

unclej

a local musician just brought me a '70's gibson marauder project that has been in his closet for 20+ years. he had a solid brass pick guard made for it and took all of the electronics off of the original one and then threw everything into a bag and lost interest.

anyway..everything works..pups, pots, selection switch but it's got an active component that i'm curious about. it seems to be an add-on and is probably a volume boost or an effect of some sort. so i'd like to know if anyone recognizes it and can tell me what it is. (my customer is unavailable)

the other thing that i'd like to ask is about the wiring..a simple one this time. if you look at the hand drawn schematic you'll see two wires with question marks at the end of them..i suppose that when he disassembled everything they may have been disconnected or came disconnected and he didn't know where they went. one runs off of the battery connector and the other from the ground side of the tone pot. do they just tie together?

thanks

john

link to pics:

My Webpage

a local musician just brought me a '70's gibson marauder project that has been in his closet for 20+ years. he had a solid brass pick guard made for it and took all of the electronics off of the original one and then threw everything into a bag and lost interest.

anyway..everything works..pups, pots, selection switch but it's got an active component that i'm curious about. it seems to be an add-on and is probably a volume boost or an effect of some sort. so i'd like to know if anyone recognizes it and can tell me what it is. (my customer is unavailable)

the other thing that i'd like to ask is about the wiring..a simple one this time. if you look at the hand drawn schematic you'll see two wires with question marks at the end of them..i suppose that when he disassembled everything they may have been disconnected or came disconnected and he didn't know where they went. one runs off of the battery connector and the other from the ground side of the tone pot. do they just tie together?

thanks

john

link to pics:

My Webpage

thank you sir..it must be the old age..the thought never entered my mind that it might use a steeo jack since the jack wasn't in the sack of parts. i'll give that a try.

john

thank you sir..it must be the old age..the thought never entered my mind that it might use a steeo jack since the jack wasn't in the sack of parts. i'll give that a try.

john

Gee... is this what I am going to be like when I get old? Hey hold on a second... I'm already old!!

<hee hee> I'll always consider getting older an advantage compared to the alternative!! :D

Good luck!!

Joe