3pu Blend Middle Problem

richiehamilton

Hi All

I just wired up a strat with a three way switch, a volume for the neck and bridge, a blend volume for the middle and a master tone. I wired it according to the seymour duncan "tele three pickups with blend" schematic http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schem...tele_blend.html except that I wired the tone to the output so it would be a master and not just for the neck and bridge as on the schematic. My problem is, when the volume for the neck/bridge is down, the blend doesn't work. If it's on at all, the blend works fine, in full range of volume sweep. Why should this be if the blend is wired directly through its own pot to the jack? (To be honest I was amazed any of it worked at all!)

thanks in advance all

Hi All

I just wired up a strat with a three way switch, a volume for the neck and bridge, a blend volume for the middle and a master tone. I wired it according to the seymour duncan "tele three pickups with blend" schematic http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/schem...tele_blend.html except that I wired the tone to the output so it would be a master and not just for the neck and bridge as on the schematic. My problem is, when the volume for the neck/bridge is down, the blend doesn't work. If it's on at all, the blend works fine, in full range of volume sweep. Why should this be if the blend is wired directly through its own pot to the jack? (To be honest I was amazed any of it worked at all!)

thanks in advance all

Because when the volume for the nexk/bridge is down, it grounds the hot lead going to the output jack - and the output from the blend control since they're connected together..

Looking at the diagram, swap the wire from the switch to the middle lug of the neck/bridge volume pot and reconnect the wire to the output jack (and your tone control if I understand your master wiring) to the right lug of the neck/bridge volume pot.