40600426.jpg

40600428.jpg

40600429.jpg

40600430.jpg

40600431.jpg

40600432.jpg

and a wee soundclick here.........

OK, good bits?

well it looks good, sounds good and feels great to play. from a distance of 3 feet or more it's BEAUTIFUL!!!

bad bits?

well there are two bubbles in the scratchguard, but hopefullty I'll get those rubbed out.

there is a score on the headstock.

there was a wee bit of tear out on the upper bout cutting the binding.

the heel body join isn't the tidyest.......

but I LOVE IT!!

Looks cool, that leopardwood sure nice. Not my favorite headstockshape, but that built in tuner must be nice to have. Are the other 17 also acoustics?

And was the soundclip : Well Alright by Blind Faith followed by Classical Gas (not sure about the first one)?

I like Leopardwood. Interesting #18. After 18 what are you mainly building for(to experiment with woods, bracing, better details, different designs, tighter construction,better finish)? I ask because I know I find I tend to work on improving certain aspects of my guitars as I progress along. It seems like you are certainly building a lot of guitars(I remember looking at your bass and a couple other boxes not too long ago).

Now listening to the soundclip. You have me curious about the thickness and bracing of your top. Also is the top Western Red Cedar(you mention cedar)? The clip sound(from what I hear on my lousy speakers) sound bright and articulate(more than I expected for a cedar dred). Was the recording made using a mic. or the electronics? I would love to hear a description of your impressions of the sound(acoustic).

I am not sure if it is just an artifact in the picture, but are the fret ends near the rosette finished?

Edited by fryovanni

ok folks answers......

Looks cool, that leopardwood sure nice. Not my favorite headstockshape, but that built in tuner must be nice to have. Are the other 17 also acoustics?

one fretless bass, one Les PAul & the rest were acoustics & mandolins

And was the soundclip : Well Alright by Blind Faith followed by Classical Gas (not sure about the first one)?

I'm not sure about the first one either... just a wee twiddly bit...... but the second is Classical Gas!

I like Leopardwood. Interesting #18. After 18 what are you mainly building for(to experiment with woods, bracing, better details, different designs, tighter construction,better finish)? I ask because I know I find I tend to work on improving certain aspects of my guitars as I progress along. It seems like you are certainly building a lot of guitars(I remember looking at your bass and a couple other boxes not too long ago).

I need to settle down and concentrate on a single aspect or two. I have the guitar shaped Mando sorted (after 5 of them) but I've never made two guitars in the same mould so there is a random aspect to it all......

the bracing is deliberately light to bring out the bass. there's just the main AX and very little else, I reckoned being a small top it wouldn't NEED much else.......

thickness is about 3mm and it'sa low grade Western Red Cedar top.

and you have great eyes, because you're right about the fret ends above the 15th.

I just HAD to get the strings on to try it y'know?

once it's had a few weeks to settle I'll pull it apart again, tidy the frets, put in a label etc.

you have too many pictures...

aw sorry theres a limit on here isn't there?

force of habvit on other fora.

just a thoiught for the mods etc, but you can code a limit rather than just post it (where I'll forget and get told off for breaking rules I'd forgotten... )sorry again.

ok folks answers......

one fretless bass, one Les PAul & the rest were acoustics & mandolins

I'm not sure about the first one either... just a wee twiddly bit...... but the second is Classical Gas!

I need to settle down and concentrate on a single aspect or two. I have the guitar shaped Mando sorted (after 5 of them) but I've never made two guitars in the same mould so there is a random aspect to it all......

the bracing is deliberately light to bring out the bass. there's just the main AX and very little else, I reckoned being a small top it wouldn't NEED much else.......

thickness is about 3mm and it'sa low grade Western Red Cedar top.

and you have great eyes, because you're right about the fret ends above the 15th.

I just HAD to get the strings on to try it y'know?

once it's had a few weeks to settle I'll pull it apart again, tidy the frets, put in a label etc.

you have too many pictures...

aw sorry theres a limit on here isn't there?

force of habvit on other fora.

just a thoiught for the mods etc, but you can code a limit rather than just post it (where I'll forget and get told off for breaking rules I'd forgotten... )sorry again.

So how did you make your recording? Was it mic or PU.

You really do seem to be covering a lot of ground with different styles of instruments. Experimenting is cool.

Peace,Rich

Edited by fryovanni

So how did you make your recording? Was it mic or PU.

You really do seem to be covering a lot of ground with different styles of instruments. Experimenting is cool.

Peace,Rich

a really cheap mic that came free with a voice to text program.....

some day I'll get a decent one!!

as for the pup, I've tried it with the Laney session 40 that I keep in the workshop, but it'll get to go with the Marshall as50r that I keep in church tomorrow.

experimenting is cool, but any scientist will tellyou that mad stabs in the dark don't often produce good answers!!!

I REALLY gotta settle down!! :D