No Tone Pots In Strat? Help Needed Please!

digamma

Hi every1,

This is my first post on the forum after reading through a bunch of threads. There is alot of info on here but i can't find answers to this question

Basically, im putting together a strat, and i would like to set it up for 2 volume, and NO tone pots. My worry is, by removing the tone pots from the picture, their resistance they would normally provide on Full/10 (250kOhm) is going to dissapear. Won't this change the sound of the guitar?

I want to remove the tone pots, but keep the sound the same as if they were always full on max. Any ideas? Any schematics?

Thanks in advance

cut them out thats what i did (at the 5 way switch), when the tone pots are on 10 they are basically at 0 resistance letting all the signal thru clean when on 0 they are sending the all the signal thru the capacitor and that cuts treble.

there should be 2 wires connected to the 5way for each pot, you can just remove them there.

Edited by Samba Pa Ti

Basically, im putting together a strat, and i would like to set it up for 2 volume, and NO tone pots. My worry is, by removing the tone pots from the picture, their resistance they would normally provide on Full/10 (250kOhm) is going to dissapear. Won't this change the sound of the guitar?

Yeah, it would make it a little brighter. I probably wouldn't worry about it but you could just stick a 250K Ohm resistor and the cap in between the hot output and the ground somewhere to get the same effect.