Bookshelf Special

This is my attempt at building a guitar. I found an old mahogany bookshelf in my loft and decided to give it a go. The wood was 3/4in thick so used it for the front of the body and was able to use mahogany ply for the back enabling me to hollow it out for better sound quality.

The bolt on neck was made from the same mahogany with a home made truss rod routed into the neck, and a curved fillet glued in to give the truss rod shape

The hardware came from Axesrus and consisted of a matched pair of humbuckers Wilkinson machine heads a string through bridge and jumbo frets

The fretboard (630mm scale length) was bought ready slotted but I radiussed it to a 12in radius curve.

The electrics came as a ready made kit similar to the Gibson SG but with the difference that the pickups were individually controlled when the selector switch is in the mid position

I don't know what anybody thinks of it, but I'm dead chuffed with it, and all I need now is to learn how to play the thing!!!!

Keith

http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee171/s...t=IMG_1056s.jpg

Edited by Saxon Marsh

Nice work!

To post images like marksound did you can either copy the code underneath where it says "IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards" on photobucket (the code should look like this: {IMG}http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee171/saxonmarsh/IMG_1056s.jpg{/IMG} but with [square brackets] instead of {curly ones})

or you can copy the direct link to image URL, then click the insert image button next to the smiley face, above the box you type your reply in on the forum, then paste the link in there and the forum will add the %7Boption%7D tags for you.

The first method is obviously the easiest for photobucket photos, but the second will work for photos from any source.

Also the forum rules state that you may only post one picture per post, and the rest of the photos must either be thumbnails or links.