scale length question

what's the scale lengt of a Les Paul? does scale lenght mean the lenght of the cords? they say scale length at the rod is it the same as the neck bridge(not sure that's how u say it in english,I'm frech canadian, I try in english). Also, at exactly what place must you put the mics i mean the pickups uder the chords, that is at what distace on the chord.

Thankx

The scale length of a Les Paul is 24.75 inches (do you use inches in Quebec? I know they do in the rest of Canada for heights, I don't have a handy standard to metric translator).

The scale length is the length of the string (chord) measured from the nut to the bridge. The pickups can be any place you would like them to be, different people find that different pickup positions sound better to them, but generally people tend to put pickups to places with strong natural harmonics.

Mike, to answer your question about strong natural harmonics. Lightly rest your finger over the 5th, 7th or 12th fret of your and play a note, you'll get a bell like tone. There are a lot of places on the neck where you can do this, those are just the strongest. The thing is, those places repeat. So, if you measure the distance between the nut and the fifth fret, then you measure that same distance from the bridge you should be able to get the same sound.

generally speaking, on a 22 fret guitar the neck pickup is put where the 24th fret would be. I'm not sure about the logic ofthe bridge pickup, anybody want to help out?

BTW - Do you still speak Quebecois in New Brunswic? Or is it "Proper" french or something different?