Looking For Alder

j. pierce

Turns out none of the local lumberyards sell Alder. Fair enough, it's a relatively "boring" looking wood, and not something you'd find in the northeast. I was hoping to experiment with some for my next build, however. Usually I buy enough wood to make a few bodies, but I'm just looking for enough for one.

Anybody have some S2S Alder, around 5/4" thick give or take, that they're willing to part on for a reasonable price? I need to laminate up a body blank around 13x18, (although smaller works too if I'm making a multi-piece, the treble side doesn't extend nearly as far)

Turns out none of the local lumberyards sell Alder. Fair enough, it's a relatively "boring" looking wood, and not something you'd find in the northeast. I was hoping to experiment with some for my next build, however. Usually I buy enough wood to make a few bodies, but I'm just looking for enough for one.

Anybody have some S2S Alder, around 5/4" thick give or take, that they're willing to part on for a reasonable price? I need to laminate up a body blank around 13x18, (although smaller works too if I'm making a multi-piece, the treble side doesn't extend nearly as far)

That stuff is dirt cheap around here. I have some 6/4. If you are thinking two pieces it will fit in a flat rate priority mail box.

PM me.