Hello there,

A long time ago I picked up an old, unknown telecaster body which has a three piece body with relatively pleasant grain. I've sanded it down and now I have a few questions/dilemmas.

Pics:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

1. I would like to go for a S/S pickup combination as I've already got four guitars with humbuckers. However, it seems that the routing doesn't quite accommodate a single pickup, unless I was to adjust the hole. Secondly, it seems to be wider than the metal bridge plate. Which probably means I'd have to cover it up somehow nicely (For example adding a nice timber trimming around the metal bridge plate.

P1010785.jpg

Also, what are the three holes on the left side of the bridge?

2. I've got a strat neck for it (unknown again) and it seems to fit alright. However, does the distance from the bridge to the neck nut matter if we are to consider the intonation and stuff. Or can it shift sideways a bit (3) ? (eg closer to the body or further as at the moment the holes in the neck don't quite match those in the body). Then, what about the height from the surface of the fingerboard to the surface of the body (1)? And lastly, the strat neck has got a round end which I imagine would have to be sanded in order to get a flush fit (2)

Issues.jpg

Idea:
I'm tempted to go for black hardware and combine it with a bit of african blackwood that I've got (for the switch cover plate, as well as neck pickup).

Mebs_1.jpg
Mebs_2.jpg

Just to clarify, this is a little project for myself just to play with tools and see what's what, I'm perfectly aware that I will probably end up f..... it up :lol:

Thanks!

The three holes are for screws...

If you change the neck, you must check the scale once again... probably you'll need to move the whole bridge. Also, it seems to be too high, so you probably will need to route the pocket again until you get the correct height.

Hey. Firstly welcome . Yep you have the wrong bridge there. In the early 80s sometime fender did a 5 hole string thru bridge unit. The spacing on yours looks very similar. Have a rake on Google for dimensions so you can double check but looks like that to me. Try around '83ish if I remember correctly. That would also possibly relocate the pickup hole to the correct space and have the string holes line up. The neck is another thing entirely. Is that a strat neck?