?wiring A Mini-on/on/on As A Std-3-way Toggle?

ianvomsaal

I'm looking to wire a Mini-on/on/on switch as my 3-way toggle pickup selector???

I can't find a diagram that shows how to wire a "MINI-on/on/on" switch as the 3-position pickup selector (for a Telecaster - Both [2] neck & bridge pickups are stacked Duncan [4-conductor] single coils). I just want to replace the standard 3-way toggle with a mini-on/on/on switch - can anyone tell me how to wire this mini switch???

I also want to have 1-volume and 1-tone (the tone being a push pull pot so I can coil tap the outer coils of these single-coil sized humbuckers). I think it'd be a very similar schematic to the PRS McCarty, as this is exactly what it does, but I just can't figure out how to wire the mini-on/on/on to work as the 3-way.

Any help would be appreciated as Duncan says they don't have a schematic for this?? I honestly didn't think it was that strange a schematic???

Thanks so much for any help.

- Ian C.T. vom Saal

vom Saal Guitar Instruction

(ianvomsaal@cs.com)

~music-washes-away-the-dust-of-everyday-life~

Dude. Wire by these numbers. They are printed on the back of your switch in little tiny letters or on the metal side pieces. Jumper 3 to 5. Out to volume or jack goes on 3 also. One pickup goes to 2. One pickup goes to 4. All done! If you don't find your push-pull wiring, Clarify what you want and I will send that later.

Ian. I just found a C&K switch that doesn't have numbers printed on it. If your switch doesn't have printed numbers, they are as follows, looking at the back:

1- bottom/right 2- middle/right 3- top/right 4- bottom/left 5- middle/left 6- top/left

I'm looking to wire a Mini-on/on/on switch as my 3-way toggle pickup selector???

If you have a SPDT On-Both-On switch, simply wire one pickup to either end and the middle to the volume pot - with a DPDT switch, it gets a bit more complicated. What particular switch are you using?

The most common on-on-on switch is a double pole(6-pin) That is so you can externally wire the function of the switch. Don't mix them up with on-off-on DPDT switches that look and feel exactly the same but advance switch closure one side at a time to give you the real 'on' state in the middle position. Also, if you want to coil-tap you are going to need two push-pull pots; one for each pickup or they will be forever in parallel. Or series, I guess. If your pickups are already 4-wire,cool. If not I scored a 100' roll of super small, super tough full-shielded cable designed for phonograph player cartridge arms. Xtra good to work with/solder,etc.