need info for a found guitar

my bro-in-law dropped a present into my lap the other day. he found this old Silvertone up in his attic and didn't know what to do with it. it's in pretty bad shape, however, there's a crack in the outer coat running around the body almost the whole length, it's bolt-on, the neck is warped forward quite a bit, and there's no truss rod to try and do any correction with (it says it's got a "reinforced neck" with a "metal t-bar" pics coming soon).

on the inside of the body it says "model 698" and either "11 18," "11 13," or "11 12." not quite sure, it's bled a lot and doesn't have a whole lot of clarity. again, pics coming soon.

it came with a white pickgaurd (which i removed while taking the pictures) and the nut was in three pieces as soon as i took the two strings that were on it, off. rosewood bridge. arched back.

that's about all i can tell you from what i know, again, i'll have some pictures of the beast up soon, and i'd really like to get this thing playing again, 'cause it's got a gorgeous vintage look, i just don't want to do anything without knowing what it is or what it's worth.

if anyone has any info on said guitar, lemme know. either if it is a "698" or something, or if there's a way to look this thing up (i've tried silvertone, fender, and gibson), i'd really appreciate it.

hey brian, thanks, but i only found one acoustic there, and it's not the one sitting next to me.

pics

full%20body.jpg

interior.jpg

T.jpg

the pic of the "T-bar" isn't all that good, but you can see the slight impression of the T on the neck, right about where the truss rod should be.

the official word from Silvertone:

Hello,

Sorry, bit we did not start making this brand until 1995 so I do not have any info on the older units

blast it...