Hofner staple pickups, good match?

vulture

Hi, I have a couple of build and refurbs under my belt. The first on my own design went pretty well aside from my pick up match wasn’t the best so I want to get it right for me on the next one.

I’ve always played les Pauls and SG’s and favoured that sound until I salvaged an old Hofner senator out of a skip and refurbished it, it had been butchered by whoever threw it away to accommodate a two pickup configuration.  

I sourced the closest pickups I could find to what would have been on it originally, and used a staple pickup on the bridge and a Hofner Diamond (not plus) on the neck position.

I love the sound and would like something very similar on my new build, but wanting to avoid anything second hand or with Hofner logos on it.

Is there anything with similar sound?I was lead to believe these are both single coil pickups with a double magnet (electrics is not my strong point). Was considering a P90 or mini-bucker? Nothing too powerful though would prefer to drive harder.
And advice/suggestions would be welcome.

John