A random thought regarding through neck construction

ShatnersBassoon

I was just wondering if it would be viable to create a Tele/Strat neck that  would work as a sort of hybrid between a set neck and a neck through? I mean have the neck material extending a bit past the length of the fretboard (The scratchplate/pickguard could cover this area). That way there would be enough surface area to be able to glue it as apposed to making it a bolt on? I’m having difficulty explaining what I mean, but hopefully the image below will help, (I’m not sure if this is an illustration of my idea or simply the neck before the conventional tenon is cut out). A random thought I know, but one of the reasons I ask this is because I believe a glued in construction allows for a thinner body? 

This would possibly work in a single (bridge) pickup design or one where the neck pickup is just a little bit further back. 

Thoughts appreciated, as always! 

E5E13C61-F2CE-44F7-BF8A-6D27EAD3B027.jpeg

Edited by ShatnersBassoon

Just realised a silly oversight, doing it this way I would either have to recess the neck at the extended area (not an big obstacle) in order to make it flush with the body, or simply have the neck pocket slightly deeper with the fretboard plush to the body (although by doing it this way I would need a very low profile bridge).