single coil phase reversal

unclej

hey folks..newby here and i've got a question about wiring a single coil for phase reversal. my current project will feature two humbuckers with a single coil in the middle position. each will be controlled by an on/off/on mini-toggle. the humbuckers will be wired parallel/off/series and i want the single coil wired normal/off/reverse phase. my question is this. on a dpdt on-on you wire hot to the left center pole, ground to the right center pole. you wire a jumper from upper left to lower right and that goes to ground. you wire another jumper from upper right to lower left and that is your hot out. if i wire an on/off/on switch the exact same way does the middle position actually give me off and do the first and third positions give me what i want. if not, how should i wire it.

thanks for the help.

unclej

thanks lovekraft. i thought it would but it never hurts to check. i've got to close up the old guitar shop now and run but i'm looking forward to participating in the board and if any of you have another opinion about my question ill check in in the morning.

later

unclej