strat for sale

StratDudeDan

well...the strat that i love so very much is for sale now...blah...

pics:

strat%20front.JPG

a close-up of the dragon (out of focus...sorry, crappy cam...):

http://fullservesite.com/stratomagic/strat...%20close-up.JPG

pics of what is used to be as well as a pic of the back and one of the head can be found

here.

asking price right now is $850 paid before shipping. i'll take care of ordering a case and pay shipping if you want one as well, just add the price of whatever it is on to the $850.

specs:

was formerly a '98 Affinity Squier strat.

body swapped from a Mexican maple laminate to an American 4-piece.

swapped pups for standard Fender non-staggered poles.

everything else (bridge, tuners, neck, etc.) is stock.

i've treated the fingerboard w/ a synthetic silicon compound to speed things up and to keep the wood with it's color. not 100% sure how this will affect the axe in its later years, but it's been on there for over 2 years now and zero side-affects.

the dragon design was cut into the wood and then stained (to reduce color bleeding). i think of it as a permanent graphic because of the cut lines, so if you're looking for a modder, this isn't it. the 8th scale on the belly isn't just traced, it's actually carved into the wood, signifying the 8th graphic design/paint job/refinishing this guitar has seen.

i have a couple local offers which will (sorry) take priority (they'll be able to pay me in person...) if they have enough in time. i really don't want to sell this thing, honestly...it's kinda my baby. it was my first guitar and the guitar i've spent the most time w/ in my shop. it plays very low to the fingerboard and has one of the sweetest, clearest sounds ever. it does not distort well, but w/ the right ear and a good overdrive, there is no better sounding jazz/blues guitar i've ever heard IMO.

i'm going to assume that if fender were to sell this as is from their shop, it would be priced about $700-750, and because of a lot of sentimental value as well as my own idea of what kind of work has gone into this, i bumped it to $850 OBO if higher. PM or e-mail me to let me know about an offer.

FIRST WARNING ABOUT PICS

Edited by litchfield

Ummm...you definately deserve a bit of a wakeup call here. I'm not trying to personally offend you, just being TOTALLY realistic.

This is basically your guitar in USED DOLLARS:

1. Squier Affinity Strat: $75

2. Fender pickups: $60

3. American stripped body: $100

4. Dragon Carving: $100

5. Sentimental Value: $0

I simply can't see you selling this for more than $250, and IF you did...take it as if you were stealing, because thats what it is. How can you sell it for $850 when you didn't even pay HALF that much NEW for all these parts?

Come on dude...

as i said, i have local offers as well, was just putting it up for anyone around here. in order to get it, you'd have to beat that price (offer was $850 up front if i ordered the case). giving him two weeks to get the money together.

EDIT: and you missed the $170 silicon treatment, cap'n...

Edited by StratDudeDan