Is this possible ...

I was just listening to Every Rose has it's thorn and I thought "Does CC play the chords on electric in concert?" Then I remember double necks and thought "What if you had two necks, 1 electric and 1 acoustic, 12 string for that song." Is that possible? The only problem I see is there'd have to be a boundary inbetween the acoustic and electric due to the hardwarre in the electric. Anyone know? Thanks.

well i really dont have a great answer for you but what i would do is either use a piezo bridge on a regular electric with a decent acoustic pedal or just get one of those stands that holds the acoustic at perfect height to play while standing .. sorry i cant be more help ..people will eventually give you more answers ... welcome to the forum

Solution: Cut off the bottom half of your electric, and the top half of your acoustic. Use titebond woodglue. Nah, anyway, the easiest solution is to get an acoustic modeling pedal (Boss makes a pretty good one) and use it to make your electric sound like an acoustic. If you are really set on making a double neck, you'll probably end up with a really weird looking guitar. But, one of the easiest solutions is to make a chambered electric and use a piezo pickup under the bridge. It can sound pretty close. If you need the authentic tone of each instrument, nothing beats having two that you can switch quickly.