Les-O-Caster

That's how I'll plug that Trem-Route in LP-type Body # 1 (above)....

Good job, you found that tutorial. This will work great for P-UPS, Trem routes....wonder how it works on the neck pocket, though.

That's why I suggested plugging a bigger "new" piece into guita top. This way you're not dealing with multiple filled spots, but instead you're keeping a single solid tone wood blank on top again.

So my suggestion would be, take bigger wood plug (covering neck pocket, p-ups route and trem route) and apply according techniques mentioned in Tutorial.

Keep us posted how it pends out.

Edited by RGGR

RGGR-

Posting a pic (the eBay one) again just for convenience:

7a_1_b.JPG

I don't have it yet. Nor the other non-routed LP Style body (pic'd above some place). They're on the way thoh & should be here next week.

Sure, I'll keep you posted!

Also, it may be a little while till I actually get to my (whatever this/these guitar/s? are gonna be). I've got a "Tele-Copy" scenario going right now too. Plus some other repairs to do on 2 other guitars, and a banjo! (all mine, btw).

See, I haven't mentioned it but; I've sort of recently retaken-up my: "Guitar Stuff Hobby" (including playing)...after not-doing these very much for about 4 years.

Anywayz, taking another look at the pic (above)...I'm gonna have to actually see (have, handle & measure) this Basswood, luthier-error mistake, body before I do anything. If it's really (rilly-rilly) off-center...I just may have to do a "top plug-block" as you've suggested, only if-need-be. Otherwise, I'll plug the trem-route & proceed with care & caution; keeping in mind I have never used a router!

Once I've made the decisions (and get my new digital camera ta going), I'll start a new thread so y'all can follow along & advize, as needed.

Cool?

Thanx again.

Edited by rick_here