A little help from my project guitar friends

I'm making a Blueshawk inspired guitar and have the drawing from a really good guy over the pond (Dave Ormandy at Ridgeway Guitars, check out his Ridgehawk project).

Anway, I have a nice single slab of poplar for the back which I marked out the center line on, lined up the center line on my drawing, and taped the drawing down. I then drew in the center line going across the body, and marked both down the sides (so I can line up the drawing after I route out the hollow chambers and glue on the maple) and now I need to figure out how to get the body shape on the wood. How do you guys transfer the shape of your drawings to the blank without ruining your drawing? I will be making a template after I get the top glued on, but for now, I have no plywood, no money, and a desire to at least rout out the hollow portions. Any suggestions?

Either cut out the outline and trace it, or use something that dents through the paper and into the wood, then go over that with a felt-tip marker. I had to do both for my guitar.