tremelo tension screws

ok so im fairly new to the guitar and ive been learning on a new squire strat, i decided to have a mess around with the tremelo springs etc, and i noticed one of the tension screws was screwed in more than the other, i leveled it up with the other one but after i took off my set of strings i saw that both screws tilt to the left causing the springs to be pushed agaisnt the side, is this commen or is it bad workmanship cos its a squire. this must mess up the whammy too.

i wanted to know if the best way off correcting the screws should i unscrew them and put them in straight off hammer them the the right angle etc.

thanks.

ah the birth of yet another tweaker of guitars...

on to your question. the 3 springs on the back side of your guitar are indeed tension springs for the trem. it really depends on the player how tight or loose he likes them. you basicly just need enough tension to hold the trem flat against the body, so your action is as low as you like it. i like to have 3 springs all straight across, parallel to one another. if you never use the trem, you could even put all five springs in, and tighten it down, and it's pretty much like a stop tail.

it's all what you're into. rock on dude. :D

ah the birth of yet another tweaker of guitars...

on to your question. the 3 springs on the back side of your guitar are indeed tension springs for the trem. it really depends on the player how tight or loose he likes them. you basicly just need enough tension to hold the trem flat against the body, so your action is as low as you like it. i like to have 3 springs all straight across, parallel to one another. if you never use the trem, you could even put all five springs in, and tighten it down, and it's pretty much like a stop tail.

as far as the screws, i think they should be as staight as possible. i guess it could effect the motion of the bridge bu i doubt it would be noticable.

it's all what you're into. rock on dude. :D

i like to have 3 springs all straight across, parallel to one another. if you never use the trem, you could even put all five springs in, and tighten it down, and it's pretty much like a stop tail.

In my squier, I have the three springs tightened up *tight* , and a big block of rosewood wedged between the trem block the the edge of the trem cavity...... so there aint no movement!. This has help the guitar stay in tune better especially when bending the strings.

i couldent of explained properly i was figuring around with the tremelo springs and i know how the tension screw and springs work but my tension screws are both crooked to the left causing the spring to be pushed agasnt the wood side, theres a big gap between the metal plate thing and the side of the cavity on the right but on the left it virtually touches the wood, sorry to explain this so much

_________________ your tension screws.

l l l l l l

l l l l l l

l / \ / \ l

connects to metal plate thing here

my tension screws

l \ \ \ \ l

l \ \ \ \ l

l / \ / \ l

connects to metal theing here

this isnt exagerating.

please help what do i do to fix them.

Well ,i suppose you could try and redrill new holes for the screws , or shave a bit of metal off the plate.

I think my squier has the same prob, but not as serious as you mention.

I would`nt think its a major cause for concern. :D