Rickenbackers

masterbasser

What do you mean they "sort of...dies down"??

I own a '77 4001 and an '80 4001FL and there is nothing "dead" about them. They still sound phenomenal to me and everyone I've played them for.

Click for Pics of Ric's........

Ric's

The prices don't go down either if that's what you are referring to. Looking through the Blue Book from 1997 to 2004 the 4001FL has increased in value by $1000.

As far as basses in the price range you suggested the sky's the limit. Wander into a store and play everything you see in that price range until your ears tell you which one is "it". If you're looking for a great sounding and looking bass inthat range that will increase in value over time the Ric is on the top of my list. I personally would go for a "vintage" Ric and leave the new ones alone. By "vintage" I mean it has a headstock that is parallel with the fretboard not angled back like the newer ones. These are the ones that are increasing in value at this time. The newer ones are considered "reissues" by many collectors and although they are great basses they don't keep value as much as the older ones.

PM me if you want more info.....I could go on and on....... :D

Hope that helps!

Rickenbackers- guiotars OR basses- are absolutely phenominal. Their ads are right NOTHING sounds like them.

I am a gibson man myself, but if i had the money, a rick would definately be bought ASAP.

One of my friends has a 330 fireglo as a second guitar (his main is a a fender tele[with an f hole and humbuckers]) plays through a moded Fender valve head (I dont know what model, im afraid).

The rick has a very chimmery sound, without being a harsh sound.

Basswise, several player i know would rather have their hands cut off than use anything else... I would get a Rick bass as soon as I could, if I were you.

cant say enough great things about them!

Luke

oh- as blues presence asks- what do you mean by 'dies down'? I have never heard the expression, nor any adverse comments about Rickenbackers quality.

you should have no worries at all.

Edited by LukeR