Future Amp Project

psw

Hmmm that looks good...I was thinking even cheaper

like a pair of these:

**valve preamp kit**

I've got 100 watts a side on this poweramp the idea was to use each side as a bi-amp.

I also got a cheap (A$10 on sale) surround sound module that will allow the addition of "rear" speakers (no delay...must be some kind of equalization effect) and sub-woofer out.

The idea is to get the amp to not only be loud but to spread the sound over an area (stage) instead of eminating from one point. The idea of using it as a bi-amp was allow for more complex tones and/or true stereo effects. It could also be used as a mini PA I imagine, say one side vocals and the other side guitar or for a stereo piezo equiped guitar for instance.

The boxes would be light enough to sit atop simple stands rather than on the floor.

The other thing is that it would be portable, light and small.

The question is....would 16x 5 1/2" be able to produce a good sound or are the speakers just too small despite the number of them?

any thoughts

psw

Went out and got those speakers anyway...quite a long drive but at A$2 each I got 16. Their brand new and really good quality as it turns out...Just on a clearance so it's worth a shot. Good for practice amps if it don't sound too good. Now all I need is some kind of cheap sub. Maybe somone's upgrading their car and I'll find one that way. This would provide some more body to the sound I'd guess. I'm aiming for a dollar a watt! I wonder how big I need to make enclosures for these little things.

psw