25k Stacked Concentric Pots-long Shaft

bassman

Hey, Bassman. I think you want a "concentric" pot. Yhat is, two shafts, one on the outside of the other? If so, you mean you need a long threade bushing, not shaft? When I need a longer bushing, I use a cool little nut/bushing that extends the length of the 3/8" pot bushing by about 3/8". Requires a slightly larger hole(1/2"). Clarify and I will get you part numbers.

thanks for all of the replies.

The Doctor,

You got it right- I need the threaed portion to be able to pass through a ~1/4" top and then through an acoustic style bridge- so that the controls will be built into the bridge- thus uncluttering the face of the bass. I really do not really understand what it is you do to extend the threaded section, parts numbers and/or explanations of greater detail would be wonderful.

Thanks and peace,

Ryan

Hey, Bassman! Go to smcelectronics.com/POT.HTM Look at stock# PT25. It's 50k 3-gang but should work beautifully. Sweet price,too. Now, the nut/bushing I use with standard pots are a regular retainer nut like comes with the pots but the threads are inside a thin brass tube that extends from the bottom of the nut about 3/8'. When you fasten the pot from the back with these all you see from the front is the regular hex of the nut bushing. The tube part is inside the guitar. comprede?

It seems to be to long @ 2 3/4". I could only shorten it a hair, and it would still be to long. I still have no idea what you are trying to explain to me- it looks like you could just install it like a regular pot- only it is way to long- another extreme size than wont work for me- either to small or to big.....

PEace,

Ryan

Bassman. Two things. That pot with the superlong shafts can be shortened quite a bit. However, if you found a concentric pot and knobs that suits you in standard(3/8"-1/2")

bushing length, just give me the bushing thread size and I will send you one of the "barrel nuts" I'm trying to explain to you. It will allow you to mount the pot 3/4" behind the face of the top/bridge as you explained. I just hope the shafts are long enough to

mount the knobs on a standard pot. I found CTS concentric 25k pots with 1" long bushings at Digikey but leadtime is 2 mo. and they are $41.00 in quantities of 25.

BummR