Orville Les Paul Custom for sale

Devon Headen

I have an Orville Les Paul Custom, and I bought it from Japan, so the shipping was crazy. It was worth every penny, though. Beautiful ebony with gold hardware. I'd be willing to sell it for 800. if anybody's interested just lemme know at signs_of_life@hotmail.com. I can get some pics if you need them. Also, I'm in the US, so you'll save a TON on shipping.

Guest AlexVDL

Just look at eBay for nice Orvilles. Some go for around 600 (plus 110 shipping from Japan). Shipping isn't that high. There's a guy on ebay that sells lot's of quality japanese guitars and he ships EMS worldwide for 110 to the USA. That's preety cheap I think. It's insured and all.... and his guitars go for reasonable prices to. Just type Katana in your searchfield.

Here are some nice orvilles:

Orvilles on eBay

:D

Yeah, I've been looking around. I plan on purchasing both an antique white custom and a black beauty in the next year to fulfill a dream :D I may go the Orville route. I'm not too keen on buying from Japan though, I hate to pay that much just in shipping. (Yeah, I *am* cheep)

~d~

Guest AlexVDL

If you want to go cheaper, but also the same or better quality check out the GRECO and BURNY models on ebay. They have very beautiful les paul and other copies which are excellent quality and built exactly like the old gibsons (long neck tenon etc.).

Japanese guitars rule :D

• 10 months later...

Here's my eBay listing with a lot edited out:

----------------------------

Gibson Orville Les Paul Custom Black Beauty

You are bidding on a 1990 Orville (by Gibson) Les Paul custom. The mahogany neck and bound, 22 fret rosewood fingerboard (with classic rectangular inlays) are fast, but still substantial. The one-piece, solid mahogany body gives you the dark, mellow tone you are looking for. The neck joint is set for premium tone transfer and has a very comfortable heel. The pickups, Orville PAF pickups (they are wound to the exact same specifications as Gibson's) are high output humbuckers that, paired with the easy to use speed tone/volume controls, can handle anything from jazz to heavy metal. All this, in a package accentuated with all gold plated hardware, leaves nothing to be desired. 100% original with gig-bag.

Okay, I'm gonna tell you what wrong with the guitar, but you have to take into consideration EVERYTHING is is in great condition, and it plays like a dream. I played a 2003 Gibson Les Paul Custom, and I didn't see any difference. The Epiphone I played sounded like crap though ;-). Ok here goes. Some of the gold plating has worn off on the head of one of the bolts that hold the bridge down, and on the bridge edges. None of this is very noticeable unless you are looking for it. You can replace the hardware cheaply if you wanted to. The body also has some normal wear, with some belt buckle impressions (they didn't chip the paint) on the back. There is also a dent on the bottom near the output (must've been by the previous owner). Frets are worn...need to be dressed. Like I said other than those few things, the guitar is in great shape: the binding is all still tight. It's a great, proffesional quality instrument.

Note that I am in the lower 48 in the US, so you will save A LOT(!) on shipping if you buy from me rather than from some of the other dealers on eBay. This item is from a non-smoking household.

i-1.jpg

i-3.jpg

Full.jpg

i-6.jpg

back.jpg

If you need more pics, I'll see if I can borrow a better camera from a friend.