Santa Comes Early To Texas

unclej

the drummer from my last band stopped by today and said that he'd heard i was trying to learn about tube amps and such. he brought in a large, heavy box and said, "here, these might help'. inside were the following:

a micronta transistor tester that's old but never used.

a heathkit fet/transitor tester

a heathkit vacuumtube voltmeter

a bell and howell digital multi-meter

a bell and howell electro-lab design console with signal generator

and all of the instruction manuals....

he used to be a tech and hadn't used them for years and wanted me to have them...is this a great world or what?

so if any of you have a spare oscilloscope laying around you need to get out of the way let me know...hell, i'll even pay the postage. :D

edited to say: this is amazing! i just opened the vtvm to check the two tubes that are in it. the first thing that i noticed was that the intire inside looks absolutely brand new. but the amazing thing is that there's an eveready "c" cell 1.5v battery inside it. i took it out and i swear it still reads 1.48v. i know for a fact that it's been in my buddy's attic for at least 8 years. there's a commercial there somewhere.

SWEET SCORE!! That VTVM is to die for! I never knew Bell & Howell made a digital meter. Huh. Probly got a scope for you if you don't mind later vintage, over-built HOT. I never turned mine back into the Air Force. Dual-trace in a presurizable flight case. Thats our tax dollars at work for you!

Your drummer live in a pyrimid by chance...my bats come half flat new, I swear! B)

I suppose you know this one since you brought up the D word...

Q. Did you here about the guitarist who locked his keys in the car?

A. It took him two hours to get the drummer out! :D

psw..i never make drummer jokes..well except for the one about how you can tell the stage is level when the drummer is drooling out of both sides of his mouth...but i almost never made jokes about drummers..but don't get me started on banjo players. :D

hey doc..i didn't get the lead/probe with the VTVM. it has a single 1/4" phone jack so i plugged in a cord that i'd put a couple of alligator clips on to test pups and it works great. the digital multi-meter works perfectly. haven't gotten around to trying the transistor testers yet but i imagine they work as well.

i'll trade you a tube driven t.v. allignment generator for your oscilloscope. B)

I'll trade you the scope for the TV crap if you keep the TV crap. This homey don't do TV. Ever. Ever, ever. I.ll look for a set of 1/4" HV test leads at the old shop cause I don't want you using your agligators (sic) on tube amps. Got no reason to hate you, yet.

lol..i was actually going to make myself a set of test leads..i was just using the alligator clips to see if it worked.

if you're serious about the oscilloscope e-mail me. i'd be glad to buy it from you.