Porter Cable Laminate Trimmer

xebryusguitars

I got this porter cable laminate trimmer and i realized i need to get rid of it. Its just too depressing to look at. I was building a copy carver (gave up) and I was going to use this as my router. Ed Waliki said i should take the casing off of these things so i tried...apparently thats impossible and something broke will trying to push the motor back into the case. I broke a piece of graphite/lead (i dunno) and a wire was connected to it. Well when i tried to turn it on, this terrible grinding noise started going off. So i just stopped using it. Anyone that wants to fix it, its yours for 40 bucks. Retail for 100. Heres what is looks like

pc7310.jpg

Nothing comes with it, no instructions, case. Does come with the base though.

Hey xebry ! Idon't know if you're interested in trying to save that laminate trimmer, but I found a link to the Porter Cable parts list for this unit. I think this is it. You did not list the model number. Anyway, check itout here and you may find the part you are looking for and it may be worthwhile to save the router.

http://www.porter-cable.com/index.asp?e=22...h_posted_form=1

Good Luck !