Automotive Rubbing Compound

Dugz Ink

My gunsmith mentor always used automotive rubbing compound to make the wood finish feel extremely smooth, then he would wax the gun stock. It feels incredibly nice, and it gives the finish a sweet surface that is some where between high-gloss and semi-gloss finishes.

But guitars typically get handled more than gun stocks, so I'm wondering if this trick will work as well on guitar necks. Has anybody used automotive rubbing compound to make their guitar neck silky smooth?

D~s

My gunsmith mentor always used automotive rubbing compound to make the wood finish feel extremely smooth, then he would wax the gun stock. It feels incredibly nice, and it gives the finish a sweet surface that is some where between high-gloss and semi-gloss finishes.

But guitars typically get handled more than gun stocks, so I'm wondering if this trick will work as well on guitar necks. Has anybody used automotive rubbing compound to make their guitar neck silky smooth?

D~s

Me, i sanded up too 2000 grit, rubbed on some medium, then fine cut and waxed it. I then spraye dit with Dunlop 65 guitar polish and its VERY smooth.