Red Bear Amps

ikke_998

Yeah... from the looks of it, they are now cult collectibles. Damn... thought I could slip a note from Santa under my mom's door.

Like she'd get me one, we live in a one bed third floor apartment...

Red Bear amps are Russian made tube amps that were distributed by Gibson for quite awhile. They are fairly uncommon due to lack of advertising.... Thanks Gibson! I own one that belonged to Kurt Kobain pre Nirvana. Yes it is certified with paperwork to prove it was his. They are very decent amps for the money. They are not Marshalls by any means. The gain isn't that great, but they can sure take a beating. As you can imagine... mine was put through hell and back before I bought it... and I've definitly put it through its paces. :D

If you want a loud tube amp that's built like a tank, then they are great. If you're looking for the dream tone... then look elsewhere.

If you want a loud tube amp that's built like a tank, then they are great. If you're looking for the dream tone... then look elsewhere

something like a marshall JMP??

I am still looking for a decent amp (since my guitar broke down there where a lotta delays...)

I've found a marshall jcm 900 for 650 € a marshall JMP for 750€ and a jcm 800 for 850€ ,all used!!

I'm into stuff from hendrix to BLS, metallica...

what would you think is the best deal