Mixer Box Part Ii

thrashncrust

I would like to know:

1) What are you plugging into the 1/4" jacks? Amps? DI boxes? Just guitars?

2) What type of sound card do you have? (Cards that have 1/8" jacks usually have a mic jack and/or a line input... not 2 mic inputs or 2 line inputs.)

If we have a few more details then we can give you advice that is appropriate for your situation and resources... rather than just saying "Yes" or "No" to the question.

D~s

A mixer is as simple as a resistor in series with each input feeding a gain block or buffer of pretty much any kind. Here's a pair of simple examples:

mixers.gif

Any general purpose small signal JFET (like the 2N5457 or MPF102) or any single opamp should work OK. Use 100K resistors and a .1uF cap, and a single 9 volt battery for the JFET or a pair for the opamp setup. Keep in mind that these are down-and-dirty junkbox throw-togethers, so don't expect studio qualtiy, but they'll both work for passive guitar inputs (I wouldn't use it for mixing preamps or stompbox outputs). They'll need to be plugged into your mic input - neither one will drive the line input. Of course, you might get away with just the 4 resistors to isolate the inputs. Good luck at the LAN party.

Edited by lovekraft

I would like to know:

1) What are you plugging into the 1/4" jacks? Amps? DI boxes? Just guitars?

2) What type of sound card do you have? (Cards that have 1/8" jacks usually have a mic jack and/or a line input... not 2 mic inputs or 2 line inputs.)

If we have a few more details then we can give you advice that is appropriate for your situation and resources... rather than just saying "Yes" or "No" to the question.

D~s

its just gonna be a bass with an active pickup and a guitar with a passive and a pedal, i was mistaken about the 2 1/8", i wasnt thinking at the time.

thanks for the help both of you.