Removing Brand Names From Pickups

It all depends on how it was applied. Most logos are probably silkscreened on, so you might be able to lightly scratch the logo off with a guitar pick. Failing that, you may want to try acetone (nail polish remover) but test on a hidden area first to make sure it doesn't damage the plastic of the bobbin/cover.

Does EMG know you are doing this? I don't blame you! I use 600 grit wet/dry with water and get a very nice matching bunch of mold-lines just like they do. Make sure you rub in the same direction as the existing lines. If not EMGs, sorry for intruding.

I guess you could say its EMG, its their off-brand; "select". They were the only ones who make the pickup the way I need it (without the screw going thru the pickup, but rather a peice of the cover that sticks out the side with a screw hole in it). Being select, they are probably easy to scratch of, but who knows?

I guess you could say its EMG, its their off-brand; "select". They were the only ones who make the pickup the way I need it (without the screw going thru the pickup, but rather a peice of the cover that sticks out the side with a screw hole in it). Being select, they are probably easy to scratch of, but who knows?

maybe put a thin coat of black paint on the top?

I just went at what is left with my finger nail and I can't scratch any of it off, but a noticeably large portion of it is missing from years of play. It had to come off some how. Do you want me to try something specific? I don't mind ruining the finish on mine.

Edit: scratched off with the end of a paper clip but definately scratched the surface. Nail polish remover did nothing but move dirt around. After closer inspection even in the places where the silver color has worn off I can still see the outline in the light if I look carefully.

Edited by ACSpike