Graphite Guitar- Graphite Neck Q's

OK well if people dont know, ive been looking into making an all graphite guitar!

so can anyone help me with some questions?

Do i need a truss rod in the neck? and what truss rods are the shallowest, and that dont need any complicated routing?

Would it affect it, if the neck was made up of two or three bits scarf-jointed or something like that together, in a line as i dont have any pieces long enough at the moment for a full length neck.

where could i get some chrome or chrome plated metal for the binding?

Matt

I dont know much about the topic, but Modulus used to make thier necks with out truss rods and the ones I played seemed stable. I believe they only started using the rods for marketing reasons, players were frightened by no truss rod.

I never had to adjust the truss rod on the Modulus that I owned...

I guess it would depend on how much graphite you are using and how stiff the neck is. I have a bass w/graphite neck and no truss, there is a screw to adjust neck angle at the heal. The neck is strong enough to not move much under string tension. If you are just adding a bit of graphite (carbon rods) that are not strong enough to make the neck rigid under string load. Well I guess truss rod should be added. Personally I think if you build a neck that is super rigid, then add truss. You could face issues with fretboard problems or busting through the back of the neck (if you have a low profile neck without much meat left in the truss rod channel). That's me 2 cent.

:D