Watco Oils

Moreau

Watco isn't the toughest finish that you'll ever use.....and you'll have to build up 7 or 8 coats for that lusterous finish that is desirable in furniture.....But, it is very easily watermarked. so any sweat could leave spotting on the finish. The upside is that any marking is easily repaired with a little steel wool, elbow grease and another shot of Watco.

I have mentioned it several times before... please check out Sam MAloof's finish, it is very kick ass. It is a mixure of poly, boiled linseed oil and tung oil. Wipe it on then wipe it off, wait 24 hours.. repeat a couple of times. It will give you a very smooth finish tht will protect your instrument fron moisture and beer. I have had it on a frequently gigged bass for two years, it still looks fresh. People look at the finish of my basses and then touh it, then say " Man I really like that finish, how did you do it?" You can order the stuff from www.highlandhardware.com I only use the poly/oil mixture- the wax/oil finish may give it more sheen, but the truth is tht you dont need it, and wax will actually trap dirt and leads to a vicious cycle of waxing frequently to keep it looking fresh, wax can also fog (as tables can ring) if to much moisture gets init.