A Couple Of Questions

I am going to be buying some wood for a guitar body and neck. how should it be cut, I was told the wood should be quarter sawn for the neck but what about the body and should the wood be rough cut as well. Also what is the size of the bit that I need to drill string holes for a non tremolo bridge so that the strings slide in the holes and will come out the bridge without any problems of getting jammed or being too loose. One final thing, what size bit should I use for routing the single coil pickups and neck cavaties. I am building a Strat with non tremolo bridge and basswood body as well as probably a mohogany neck and maple or rose wood fretboard

I do have access to a planer so that shouldnt be a problem. anyway I need to know if the holes that I drill in the back of the body for a standard strat with a solid bridge has to be in terms of drill bit size cause I dont want to drill it too big or i ruin the entire project and that is a big problem. i am using basswood for the body, maple for the neck and rose wood for the finger board. i shall post pics in a few weeks