New Tool For Bridge Removal

any time i've had a guitar come into my shop in the past that needed the bridge removed i've always used a slightly damp rag and a travel iron to heat the bridge to soften the glue, etc. yesterday i had one of the little tacomas come in that needed re-glueing. if you've ever worked on one you know that they have a unique little bridge with almost no flat surface and it was difficult to get consistent heat on it. so i grabbed a little 1500 watt hair dryer that i use for heat shrink tubing and it worked perfectly.

it worked quicker than the iron and i could see what i was doing and i could even work my little flat knife under the bridge with one hand while heating with the other.

of course, i may be the last person in the world to discover this but if you haven't tried it i highly recommend it. now all i need to do is to figure out what to do with the travel iron. i'm sure not going to be ironing clothes with it. :D