Shipping With Stewmac?

Yeah I was just wondering how long it took to order from the stewmac website

because im interested in ordering EMG pickups off there for $23 B) cause i am a kid and have not alot of money. I also wanted to know if the site is reliable

StewMac is probably the most used luthier's supply catalog. The best customer service anywhere. Most orders ship the same day you place it, and they use priority mail, so delivery is usually 2-3 days. They do have a $30 minimum order, though, and by the time you pay for shipping, it's really pointless to make a small order like that. I'm assuming you're getting the EMG selects? eBay is probably gonna be your best option.

If you place your order with Stew-Mac by 4pm Eastern Time on a weekday, your order will go out the same day. And there ordering system appears to be very secure. (I ordered something from an unrelated company and received 3 emails labelled "Your order" within 48 hours, and none of them were from that company; they were all generated by web-bots!)

Stew-Mac is an excellent company, in my opinion. My first order included a bridge for my first project guitar. I thought it was a top-loader, but couldn't figure out how to make it work when it arrived. So I called Stew-Mac; it was a string-thru bridge. (The web page does NOT say that!) They talked to me about my project guitar, we discussed some options, and after I decided to keep this bridge, they explained how it needed to be mounted.

Like the other person said, watch those "minimum order" charges... at ANY web site. You may be able to add on a $5 part and get free shipping... so you can save money AND get more parts, if you're careful.

D~s

I ordered a 16 dollar fingerboard from stew mac online and they didn't say anything about a minimum order. I hope they didn't charge my credit card the extra 14 or whatever without saying anything. When it came to confirmation time it still only said like 21.50 or something because of shipping would be charged to the card. Hmmm, even on the invoice it didn't say anything. But, about the shipping, it took 3 business days (sunday to wednsday)