Jem Jnr V's Jem 555

Lesmortdansant

Hi I've recently been offered a Jem Junior which is being advertised as a Jem 555. Is there a difference between the specs of the guitars or is it just a different branding for the same instrument? The seller does not know much about the history of the guitar and I cant find any diff between the two :D He wants approx $1200 AU for it. Any help would be really great.

Thanks B)

There isn't a whole lot of info out there ragarding the Jem Jr. which is also called the Jem333. What I know (or at least what I remember, correct or not) is that it was only marketed to a few Asian countries and it was released there because there was a big problem with counterfeight JEMs which were utter junk and gave Ibanez a bad rep over there. I guess Ibanez wanted to maintain their reputation (and cash in on the market) so Steve and they designed the JEM333 for those countries. I don't know what the actual specs are besides it has just dot inlays rather than the half vine of a 555, and the bridge, pickups, and probably all the other materials like wood and tuners are of lesser quality than the 555.

Basically, I would stay away from it and go for a Japanese made RG, but I don't know what the situation is like as far as guitar availability is where you live.

Edited by bowser