A Cool Little Drum Program For You Guys..

Gigabyte

http://tnikolai.nm.ru/df-download.html

Just thought I'd post this link for you guys that like to tinker around with cakewalk or the like and don't have drums. It's a freeware program that has different drum kits that sound pretty decent for what they are. Much better than you regular crappy MIDI drum stuff. It's also compatible with Cakewalk so basically you just hit record in Cakewalk and then play the drum beat in drumflow and that's it! You do have to close Drumflow to go back and listen to the cakewalk recording (I do on my computer anyway). Also you can download extra drum kits if don't like the ones you have.

Have fun!

Fred

P.S. You can adjust the volume of each individual beat as well as how many beats are within each square by right or left clicking (holding down) on a particular square and dragging in different directions. Just play with it.... you'll figure it out....

Thanks a lot. I was just about to head home and try recording the drum thing on my little Digitech RP50. Was not looking forward to that.  :D

I have a RP80 which is basically the same as yours except with an expression pedal. The drum thing on it's pretty good to practice with and make up new songs. Generally what I do is when I make something up with the drums on the pedal I go to drumflow and try to match the beat and then lay some tracks down......

A little tip for those planning on using the program; generally what I do when using cakewalk is I lay the drum track down and then I record the drum beat onto a tape recorder. I then record the guitar stuff playing from the tape recorder (I mute all other tracks in cakewalk while recording). I do this because using playback while recording on the computer creates an echo in the recording... Just a little FYI for those who don't know this already..........

Edited by Gigabyte