Wood+acrylic?

hi there..

im will soon start with my second guitar project.. and at the moment i try to make my mind up what exactly i want to build.

so my first thought was to build a hybrid between mockingbird an iceman, cause i really loved the guitars hide from x-japan was playing...

but now i have a few questions.. i want to use it for hard rock and metal/speed metal.. would it be clever to build it neck through or would you say a bolt on would be better for that?

and now to my main question: if i decide to build neck through, would it be possible to build the neck out of wood and the wings out of acrylic? i have never seen someone playing a guitar like that and it may be a nice experience to me working with both on the same time... yeah.. thanks for your time already ^^

zorg

Yes. I forget which glue you use to bond the two but I remember making very durable, routable bowls out of acrylic and hardwood in shop class in the late 50s. You might want to add HO LEDs in the body to illuminate the wings, also. Back then, we used grain-of-wheat bulbs and 1.5 volt batteries to make the bowls light up. Pre-drug era but not by far.

hey cool ^^

so its settled.. neck through with acryl wings..

your idea with the leds is EDIT great xD

if you have more of these ideas, tell em to me i love putting stuff like that into my guitars!

and if you remember how, maybe you could give me a small advice how to glue them together? would be realy nice ^^

hey buddy,this site is rated pg

Yeah, OK. I remember it was real watery, thin stuff we used to glue the wood to the acrylic but it'll take me a day or two to find out what it was. My hyper-ugly HotRod bass has 16 HO leds installed in four stainless-steel exhaust pipes and now that I think about it they should have been acrylic pipes to make the effect even better. See all the work you're gonna cost me?