Electronic Music

Curtis P

Hello all

I am in an electronic music class at my school, it deals with recording, mixing, all the good stuff, heres our first assignment:

write a poem, 1 page double spaced about anything in the world (me, i chose music and how it affects my life)

recite the poem onto a cassette tape (in class)

rewind the tape, dub over a guitar/drum/vocal part that you make up

i got the poem written, but what about the guitar part??

I dont want to just shred, and i dont want to play emo, what is a good band to check out to get a feel of how it should sound (I am looing for a mediocre rock sound, nothing like led zep or rush though, its over done)

I dont want to boast either, but I have been getting alot of compliments on my playing in that class (and the class consits of actual muscians, the best guitarist in the school is in my class, he showed me a little lick today that i think vai would have trouble playing)

so, if you want to say s more difficult band, go right ahead, i will surely check them out and see how it goes

ohh, and i will be posting some new music real soon,

Curtis

when you say mediocre, do you mean mediocre in tempo, or mediocre in difficulty of playing. if you want mediocre tempo and no real solos, check out seether or trust company. If you mean mediocre playing skill, I can't suggest anyhting to you, I don't really listen to mediocre skill stuff, its either really skilled, or not skilled. and of course when i call a song/band skilled, I don't mean their actual playing ability, i mean what they show or use.

i mean difficulty, and by the way i hate that new stuff, its too emo for me, i am talking older stuff

I made up some stuff while on the couch just a few minutes ago, starts off with hit the first note of the chord, then pick the last 3 (or 4) notes of the chord backwards (like how you play house of the rising sun by the animals) but this is played much faster and it repeats a bit, then goes into a 3 string power chord strumming, then when the poem is recited, i am very quietly strumming chords, when the poem is almost done, i click on the distortion and do regular power chords, kinda metallica style, but not really, it then slows down, lots of feedback while the poem finishes, then to a small solo (when i say small, i mean a little bit of a melodic part, to a very fast, pentatonic wanking scale at the end, lol)

Curtis