Setting Up Hollowbody Guitars?

Hi all.

I want to try to set my guitar properly up. It has not been done for a while and I figured that i will give it a go myself.

So I found this large number of great setup guides on the internet but then it hit me that there might be a difference between setting up my own semihollowbody guitar and a normal solidbody? I cannot find any specific guides for semihollow but I can find plenty of guides with the topic "Setting up a solidbody guitar"

Is there any difference?

As Devon said, if your hardware is the same, no problem except you need to see where your hardware is adjusted to before you start. If you have a 2-post hardtail, you need to see how much adjustment is left before you "level the playing field". If you have a string-through, you need to see what adjustment is left in your saddles. If you have a trem unit, you need to see how flat the pivot plate is and how your setup is going to effect spring tension. By the way, I am known to be VERY parinoid when it comes to setups. I hate getting into messy repairs when all I set out to do was a setup. What is that old anectdote about alligators and swamps?

Edited by thedoctor