Glass Frets

Temperature changes could cause trouble. If the metal pieces around the glass expand less than the glass, well.... *crack*. If the other way around, you'll have a gap.

So, what you're looking for is something that is both clear and hard enough to withstand strings scratching away at it?

What about this: Acrylic, just like you would use the glass, except sandwiched into it, at the peak of each fret, is a thin, small bar of stainless steel. This way, you would be playing on a hard, durable surface that wouldn't need replacing, and (except for the small fretlines, of course) you could have clear frets as part of the inlay.

In fact, this way you could just make a mold for the acrylic and pour it, or machine it if you have the tools.

Yeah, I'm not worried with moisture, considering there's going to be a lot of CF and steel supporting the metal/glass fretboard.

Guitarfrenzy- no hammering/installation involved other than inlaying the glass.

String tension is the key, but with lots of rigid material instead of wood and a truss rod, I think the bending will be kept at a minimun.

Skibum- I could inlay glass (or acrylic, in this situation) between each fret as an alternative, which was my original plan, but I wanted to see if a continuous inlay pattern that isn't broken with frets (or small fretlines) is possible, and the most plausible material seems to be glass.

Thanks for everyone's help.